Thank you to all of our patron for a great 2022 season! The course is closed until Spring 2023.
About William F. Larkin Golf Course at Colonial Terrace
William F. Larkin Golf Course was named one of the Top 25 Short Courses in the U.S. by GolfPass’s Golfers’ Choice 2022 Survey and one of the Top 20 Courses with public access in New Jersey.
Nestled in the heart of one of New Jersey’s loveliest communities is the William F. Larkin Golf Course at Colonial Terrace. This beautiful regulation 9-hole course is operated by the Township of Ocean Department of Human Services and is known to the local residents as the best kept secret in town.
Originally opened in 1920, the course was known to be premier by many golfers. The historic site was purchased by the township and reinvigorated to its former glory. It was made available for the public to enjoy in May of 2008.
In June 2016 Colonial Terrace was named the William F. Larkin Golf Course at Colonial Terrace in honor of the former township mayor who led the initiative to make the course a public space that would enhance the quality of life for residents of Ocean and surrounding communities.
Easy to reach and boasting 2,616 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par 35, you’ll surely find that there’s always time for nine!
Course hours: 7 am – dusk (Weather permitting – hours will vary with season)
- Tee reservations can be made up to 6 days in advance online or by calling the clubhouse, 732-775-3636 between 8:30 and 11:30 am.
- Bookings are for nine holes only and all players are required to exit the course after nine holes.
- Golfers must arrive 10-15 minutes before scheduled tee time. Missed tee times will need to be rescheduled.
- Walk-ons will be accepted only for open tee times
- Rates:Township of Ocean Residents: Walking: $15.00 / Riding: $25.00 Non-Residents: Walking: $20.00 / Riding: $30.00
- Minimum course age 7 years. Adult supervision (21+) required with youth 7 – 11 years.
- Payment is due when checking in for the reserved tee time. Course will only accept credit cards, no cash. Proof of residency must be shown at the time of payment. If no proof of residency is shown the non-resident rate will be charged, regardless of how reserved.
- Rain checks are not issued.
- All players must have their own set of golf clubs. Golf clubs are available for rent at $10 per set.
- Only paying guests are permitted on the course; no caddies or spectators are permitted to accompany golfers.
- The practice area is closed during lessons.
- Trash & recycling receptacles are limited, carry out anything you bring in.
- Neat attire required; no tank tops, cut offs, etc.
- Shoes and shirts are to be worn at all times.
- No lightning detection devices or lightning protection shelters are on site; play at your own risk.
Full course rules may be obtained in the Clubhouse.