Course hours: 7 am – dusk (Weather permitting – hours will vary with season)
- Tee reservations can be made up to 6 days in advance online or by calling the clubhouse, 732-775-3636 between 8:30 and 11:30 am.
- Bookings are for nine holes only and all players are required to exit the course after nine holes.
- Golfers must arrive 10-15 minutes before scheduled tee time. Missed tee times will need to be rescheduled.
- Walk-ons will be accepted only for open tee times
- Rates: Spring Special – Greens fees are $13 for all golfers, April 3 -30.
- Minimum course age 7 years. Adult supervision (21+) required with youth 7 – 11 years.
- Payment is due when checking in for the reserved tee time. Course will only accept credit cards, no cash. Proof of residency must be shown at the time of payment. If no proof of residency is shown the non-resident rate will be charged, regardless of how reserved.
- Golfers shall be combined into threesomes and foursomes whenever possible. Golfers may request not to share a golf car.
- Rain checks are not issued.
- All players must have their own set of golf clubs. Golf clubs are available for rent at $10 per set.
- Only paying guests are permitted on the course; no caddies or spectators are permitted to accompany golfers.
- No more than 2 patrons are permitted in the clubhouse at the same time. Face masks must be worn until you are on the first tee box.
- The golf course does not offer water coolers.
- The practice area is closed during lessons.
- Trash & recycling receptacles are limited, carry out anything you bring in.
- Neat attire required; no tank tops, cut offs, etc.
- Shoes and shirts are to be worn at all times.
- No lightning detection devices or lightning protection shelters are on site; play at your own risk.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on premises.
Full course rules may be obtained in the Clubhouse.
It is recommended that you review Executive Order #133 as it pertains to golf as the restrictions will be strictly enforced. We appreciate your patience in these difficult times as we attempt to offer golfing opportunities in a responsible manner. Please check back frequently as this continues to be a fluid situation and may change at any moment.
About William F. Larkin Golf Course at Colonial Terrace
Nestled in the heart of one of New Jersey’s loveliest communities is the William F. Larkin Golf Course at Colonial Terrace. This beautiful regulation 9-hole course is operated by the Township of Ocean Department of Human Services and is known to the local residents as the best kept secret in town.
Originally opened in 1920, the course was known to be premier by many golfers. The historic site was purchased by the township and reinvigorated to its former glory. It was made available for the public to enjoy in May of 2008.
In June 2016 Colonial Terrace was named the William F. Larkin Golf Course at Colonial Terrace in honor of the former township mayor who led the initiative to make the course a public space that would enhance the quality of life for residents of Ocean and surrounding communities.
Easy to reach and boasting 2,616 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par 35, you’ll surely find that there’s always time for nine!