- Course will be open for prepaid rounds only. All reservations and payments must be made at www.colonialterracegolf.com or at Golfnow.com. Walk ons will not be permitted. Tee time intervals will be spaced 16 minutes apart and limited to two golfers per tee time and one person per cart. There will be no exceptions for immediate family members. Reservation can also be made by phone. Contact the Township of Ocean Recreation Office, 732-531-2600. You will need to provide payment by credit card at the time the reservation is made. The Recreation Office is only available for telephone reservations, Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 4:00 pm.
- Bookings are for nine holes only and all players are required to exit the course after nine holes. Greens Fees are $15 for nine holes walking and $25 for nine holes riding. Tee times begin at 7:08 am and are available every 16 minutes. Last tee time is 5:00 pm. Foursomes are acceptable of May 22.
- Tee time reservations can be made up to 5 days in advance. Go to www.colonialterracegolf.com for reservations. In the event you need to cancel your pre-paid rounds, you will need to contact Golf Now. Information is available on the website. No penalty cancellations are accepted 24 hours prior to your tee time. Reservations cancelled within less than 24 hours will not be refunded. In the event the course is closed players will be contacted by Golf Now and prepaid reservations will be refunded.
- When making online tee reservations please note that only one type of reservation (walking vs. riding) can be made at one time: If a tee reservation is for 1-4 golfers all walking; that reservation can be completed in one transaction. If a tee reservation is for 1-4 golfers all riding; that reservation can be completed in one transaction. If a tee reservation is for 1-4 golfers, some walking, some riding; that reservation must be completed in two transactions.
- Players are required to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth at check in and while waiting to check in. Upon arrival, players will check in with the starter. Players will show the starter their prepaid receipt indicating tee time and walking or riding. Players should not arrive more that fifteen minutes prior to tee time and must exit the facility fifteen minutes after completing play. Players are expected to maintain established social distancing norms while at the course.
- The clubhouse, including restroom facilities, will be closed to the public. No retail sales will be offered.
- The golf courses will not offer hand carts, water coolers, bunker rakes, ball washers, or benches. The practice area is closed. Inserts will be placed inside putting green cups to make golf balls easily retrievable without removing the flagstick.
- Do not remove flags, noodles are installed in cups.
- Scorecards and pencils are available.
- Loyalty card use will unfortunately need to be temporarily suspended.
- Trash & recycling receptacles are not available, carry out anything you bring in.
It is recommended that you review Executive Order #133 as it pertains to golf as the restrictions will be strictly enforced. We appreciate your patience in these difficult times as we attempt to offer golfing opportunities in a responsible manner. Please check back frequently as this continues to be a fluid situation and may change at any moment.
Welcome to William F. Larkin Golf Course at Colonial Terrace
Nestled in the heart of one of New Jersey’s loveliest communities is the William F. Larkin Golf Course at Colonial Terrace. This beautiful regulation 9-hole course is operated by the Township of Ocean Department of Human Services and is known to the local residents as the best kept secret in town.
Originally opened in 1920, the course was known to be premier by many golfers. The historic site was purchased by the township and reinvigorated to its former glory. It was made available for the public to enjoy in May of 2008.
In June 2016 Colonial Terrace was named the William F. Larkin Golf Course at Colonial Terrace in honor of the former township mayor who led the initiative to make the course a public space that would enhance the quality of life for residents of Ocean and surrounding communities.
Easy to reach and boasting 2,616 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par 35, you’ll surely find that there’s always time for nine!